Wednesday, March 7, 2018

March 5, 2018 Y'all Need Jesus

Well hello, if it isn't my favorite people?

I'm happy to report despite having Zone Conference, beginning the long and arduous process of inputting our paper Area Book online, and going on exchanges in Springfield, a few other things were still accomplished this week!

Tuesday was my last day using a paper planner :'( I've gotten so attached to these things! They're like journals! Tuesday we also got to start working at the 1st Presbyterian Food Pantry which was so much fun and full of so many great people. We also dropped off soup to some of our favorite people here, the Woznicks.

Wednesday was Zone Conference! I got to see some of my previous companions, Sister Hardy and Sister Lowe! And lucky Sister Lowe, my trainer Sister Bustillos or Ataya as she now goes by (lol) stopped in Jacksonville and spent the day with the Jacksonville sisters! At least my mission mom and my mission daughter got to witness Darla Logsdon being baptized if I couldn't :) Pictures or it didn't happen!

We also got trained on how to use smart phones in our missionary work...who would have guessed it, but it's been so long since I looked at a screen for more than 2.5 hours a week that I've been getting headaches from looking at the phone!! I've turned into an old grandma!! 

Thursday was exchanges, and to end my great day in Springfield we all went to Walmart and got some "Y'all Need Jesus" and "Team Jesus" tshirts....aaaand took some selfie stick pictures. #noshame

It was good to finally be back working in our area after that though. I wouldn't pick anywhere else to be but here in Mahomet/Champaign! There's so much potential in both of the wards for missionary work, and I know as we keep working hard our enthusiasm will be contagious. The Mahomet Ward were all in shock practically when Dan Ryan, an investigator, came to church yesterday. He stayed all 3 hours and participated a lot in the classes! 

Another miracle was Sandy Woznick, who has been less active for years, coming to church in the Champaign Ward. It was amazing to see her there, and later that evening when we met with her, her nonmember husband said he had been trying to get her to go and was so happy she did. He's really warmed up to us, and I think as Sister Woznick continues to progress he will see the changes and joy in her and want that too. 

We also picked up two new investigators, the siblings of the investigator we picked up last week! 

It is still quite the struggle to balance working in two different areas, especially when one is 30 minutes away! I am learning so much about myself here, and who I need to become. The more I progress the more I see how much progress there is to go! But that's definitely a good thing.

Well I'm sorry this turned out so long. If you made it this far you deserve a handwritten letter from me! Email me a monkey emoji and I will ;)

Love ya lots!!
Sister Fluegel












No comments:

Post a Comment