Wednesday, March 7, 2018

February 19, 2018 Mana-mina! (doo doo, dododoo)

Actually, its called Mahomet, but the second I heard the name that's what I thought of! 

Well folks, I may not be covering the largest population of people I ever have on my mission, but I'm definitely covering the largest population of Mormons! I feel like a Utah Missionary!

Not quite--Sister Gillies (from Farmington, UT) and I are the missionaries for only two wards, Mahomet Ward and Champaign 1st Ward. But they both have huge congregations of active members! Mahomet reminds me of my first area, a big mix of neighborhoods and just a little country. Champaign I've visited twice before--but going back as a missionary is already quite the different experience! City life! So many people! Lots of young people too, which for some reason is weird for me. I've turned into a small town girl I guess.

Sister Gillies and I hit the ground running our first day...and by that I mean DRIVING. For FOUR HOURS. Since then its been go-go-going, meeting lots of the wonderful members and teaching a few lessons! We were trying to find a place for lunch on Saturday and ended up exploring the entire southern half of Champaign, haha. 

Our GPS at one point landed us in a neighborhood. That morning I made a promise that, if God would help me recognize he was prompting me, I would obey it without question. Well, when we landed on that random street I got a distinct impression we were supposed to be there. So despite the crazy sleet raining down we got out and started looking for the reason why. By the end of the street we were at a crossroads and I was thinking we should head back, when I saw the cutest green house! We knocked, and ended up bearing testimony of the Book of Mormon to this really sweet woman. Miracles, my friends. 

Sunday was crazy, getting to all our different meetings and trying to participate in both wards even though they overlap! Gahh!! We missed a few things, so that's something to work on. Sister Gillies is so positive about everything though, she's a very unique person and I look forward to learning from her for the next 3 months :) 

Other random stuff: Our apartment is rad, I stepped in dog pooey, Bekah got baptized back in Jacksonville and said "I did it!" right afterwards apparently, haha, and people here are even more flabbergasted that I'm from Belvidere, IL/Rockford Area! Can't blame them!

I love you all <3 
Sister Fluegel

Pictures 1-2 Saying goodbye to Bekah!
Picture 3-4 Making cookies for all of our investigators before I left!
Pictures 5-7 New comp, more selfies ✌
Picture 8 #candid











No comments:

Post a Comment