Wow I feel like it was only yesterday I wrote my first email! At least not more than a year ago anyway!
Here's some of my responses:
- Rely on His merits, mercy and grace, not on my own knowledge or strength.
- First and forever, fan the flame of my faith.
- The best way to be happy is to forget myself, and help others be happy.
- Obedience brings blessings! Exact obedience brings miracles!
- By small and simple things are great things brought to pass.
- The Lord's blessings are conditional only in that we must welcome and receive them--and obedience is the way.
- When I feel contention, anger, frustration, irritation, or laziness, it is not my situation or those around me who need to change--it is my heart.
- Pure love is the only lasting motivation, when things get hard. Charity never faileth!
- Faith is things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. Just because I can't see what's ahead of me doesn't mean I can't walk! I have had so many questions, and so many answers.
- Faith is truly a principle of action and power. Memorizing the Living Christ was mentally rigorous, it required daily action and intense focus, but it empowered me beyond my mortal capabilities.
Stealing this idea from another sister's email, who stole the idea from another sister--I want to thank Sister Bustillos for teaching me what hard work looks like, and how to love people unconditionally. I am so grateful for Sister Mainord and Sister Rilling who taught me diligence and patience. Thank you Sister Mayne for blessing me with your presence, haha. You taught me to be bold, and be righteous. Thank you Sister Hardy for teaching me how to hold on in any circumstance, and for just being an awesome friend. Thank you Sister Lowe for literally blasting into my life with your greenie fire and unlocking my potential as a missionary. And for being a sister. Thank you Sister Gillies for your amazing, rock-hard faith, for helping me to say "Hello!" to everyone I pass. Thank you Sister Anderson and Sister Davis for letting me be part of the Triple Threat! And showing me what leadership looks like.
And so many more. To quote Sister Anderson, I know that Jesus is the Living Christ because every day he works through other people to bless our lives. We are his hands. I've been blessed by way too many wonderful people, including you. Yes, you currently reading!! I know who I'm sending this to!!!
I'll talk to you all soon,
Pictures: Good luck figuring these out. If you have questions ask me next week!