Monday, December 25, 2017

Power in the Book! October 3rd 2017

Sister Hardy and I had another great week of miracles only to be topped by watching General Conference. We were able to help Robbie Ison, a man who has been investigating on and off for most of this year, to set a baptismal date for himself and make plans to work towards it. He has a lot to overcome, but as we were talking I felt very impressed that he was not alone. 

I realized that, most of the time, big change is not something we *can* accomplish on our own, nor would God want us to. I promised Robbie that yes, Satan was against him, but Sister Hardy and I, our bishop, his ward fellowshipper, Heavenly Father, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Ghost are all on HIS team. This week we're going to show him a visual of that using basketball player positions, since he's very into that sport. (For good reason, this guy is almost 6'8!)

I really love this ward and this area, and I'm gearing up for another transfer here! Of course I know God has his own plan for me, so I'm also ready to leave if need be. I can see how there would be blessings both ways. I'd be able to see Robbie baptized if I stay, grow in deeper love for the Sikeston ward and area, and learn more from Sister Hardy. If I leave, Sister Hardy will have the opportunity to lead an area and companionship, which she hasn't done before! I hadn't until this transfer, and its definitely stretched me as a missionary.

The thing that stuck out to me most from General Conference was the *power* of the Book of Mormon. On my mission I've been able more than ever before to take Joseph Smith up on his bold promise--that I would come closer to Jesus Christ by reading it than any other book. And he's been proved right. I feel closer to my Savior than I ever have before, and I am going to work harder these next six months to make my study of the Book of Mormon deeper and more meaningful than ever.

I love you all, and invite you to do the same!
Sister Fluegel🐦

Picture 1: Pizza while planning!
Picture 2&3: We had to stop a moment and admire the cotton fields...so did my new little buddy 'Cap'
 
 
 
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment