Monday, December 25, 2017

Light the World Week 2 December 11th 2017

One of my favorite quotes this week was from the Book of Mormon (surprise surprise): For that which ye do send out shall return unto you again, and be restored." Karma is true doctrine, ladies and gents!

To put it plainly, this was an amazing week. We put so much hard work in, and we saw so much progression in those we are teaching! Three of them have committed to a date for baptism! And two came to church this week. The members have been helping us so much, and we've been able to serve them a lot too! 

This week involved cleaning, helping build a door, going to St. Louis for a training meeting, more raking leaves, making cookies, wrapping gifts, hosting a Book of Mormon study, teaching like crazy, and then a moment or two every now and then to sit down! 

In those spare moments, I've written down some of the endless things I've learned on my mission thus far:

1) How to communicate
2) Obedience = blessings!
3) True success is a feeling more than an outward result
4) Your testimony strengthens the more you  bear it!
5) If you rely on the Lord you can't go wrong!
6) First and foremost, fan the flame of your faith
7) How to love everyone! And that you have to start with yourself
8) I can be a leader
9) Exact obedience brings *miracles* (aka this week)

I know that I'm on the Lord's errand right now, and that this is His work, not mine. As it was once so eloquently put: "If this wasn't the true church, the missionaries would have ruined the whole thing a long time ago!" Even when I'm working my absolute hardest, nothing would happen if it wasn't His work, His angels bearing me up. 

I love you and hope you have a great week!

Sister Fluegel​​​
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment