Monday, December 25, 2017

I'm Having A Baby! November 20th 2017

Well family and friends, I'm officially leaving Sikeston, MO! 

I've learned so much here and gotten so close to so many people! I forgot my camera so I'll have to send most of the many, many pictures we took next week, haha. But there were so many miracles we saw this past week, and I'm happy with how I'm leaving Sikeston and also happy to leave it in the hands of my wonderful companion Sister Hardy <3 

One of the best parts of this week was the teaching that happened! We taught a man named Terry who we met a while back at the Laundromat, and he can quote the Bible like nobody's business. He was very respectful however, and willing to hear us out on Tuesday and last night. He also likes to talk and make his opinion known, though, which gave me many great opportunities to testify and declare what I know to be true! Especially when explaining the First Vision and reciting Joseph Smith's First Vision, the Spirit in the room grew stronger and reminded me, as it has time after time, that what I'm saying is pure truth. What a privilege to share it!

We met again with Robbie, who I have been working with most of my time here. This week was a big growing week for him. He texted us this weekend that he wants to live "Godly" and give up his life to Him for good. I can't tell you how much I look forward to that amazing day he's ready to be baptized!

We also taught a man named Robert Wagener who's been struggling ever since his wife passed. He received so much hope from our message and wholeheartedly agreed to baptism! I pray that as he continues to be taught and also attends church, he will continue to feel the Spirit he told us he felt as we shared the Restoration <3

Again, I can't tell you what a privilege it is to be out here helping others come unto Christ and receive joy--not as the world gives, but the true and lasting kind. I'm also excited to be going to a new area tomorrow and getting a new companion coming out of the MTC. We'll both be new in our area, which will make things all the more fun! In our mission lingo, I'm 'expecting,' soon to be a mom! Haha.

Love you all!
Sister Fluegel 🐦

No comments:

Post a Comment