Wednesday, August 2, 2017

July 24th 2017

Hello friends and family! 

Last week this library computer got funky and froze up on me, and now this week I forgot my camera! Just can't get the best of both worlds these days...

This week taught me a lot about the purpose of life. Yes, we're here, to learn and to grow, but why did it have to be this way? Why did we need to come to earth, to not remember our heavenly home, to experience trials and have weaknesses?

I don't have all the answers, haha, but I really feel God's love for me and for everyone more than I ever have before. He wants us to have everything he has--because he's our father!--and feel the joy he feels. And that means experiencing two very important things:

1. A body! We experience so much joy from having a body--yummy food, heartfelt hugs, smelling roses, you name it! 

2. A family! Heavenly Father's greatest joy is to have and help his children. That is his work and his glory. To feel a portion of that, we have the opportunity to grow up in and be a part of families here on the earth :)

Of course, these two things also involve a lot of trials, weaknesses, and tribulation. Everything good, I've learned, is also very hard. Being on a mission for instance can be rough--especially when I think of my wonderful family and how important they are to me.

But my family and I are sacrificing a year and a half of being together--so that other families can be together forever. That's worth it all.

Love you!!
Sister Fluegel 🐦

No comments:

Post a Comment