Monday, September 4, 2017

Walk With Him, Monday August 28th 2017

Hello Everybody!

Another great week in Sikeston, and last night Sister Mayne and I found out we will at last be parted! She's headed for who knows where, I'm staying here in Sikeston with a new companion to join me tomorrow :) I'm really excited new experiences and adventure! Something about a new transfer makes the work pick up speed!

This week we've made a lot of good strides and gotten back in contact with a lot of investigators we used to teach and are still interested! We also got to go on exchanges (see pictures below) and learn from our two wonderful STL's. 

On my own, I've been reading a General Conference talk once a day from this past April, and I read one that really struck my heart. President Eyring in it talks about how we are called to walk with the Savior, which means to do what he does and serve the way he serves. 

I've been pondering for a while the last sentence of Moroni 7, which says, "Pray unto the Father with all the energy of heart, that ye may be filled with this love, which he hath bestowed upon all who are true followers of his Son, Jesus Christ...that when he shall appear we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is.."

When I see my Savior again, will I be like Him enough to recognize Him for who He truly is? How do I best follow Him, to be filled with His love and recognize Him?

President Eyring supplied the following scripture that I'm sure I've read many a time, but never hit me the way it did this time:
(Mosiah 5:12-13) 

"I say unto you, I would that ye should remember to retain the name written always in your hearts, that ye are not found on the left hand of God, but that ye hear and know the voice by which ye shall be called, and also, the name by which he shall call you.

For how knoweth a man the master whom he has not served, and who is a stranger unto him, and is far from the thoughts and intents of his heart?"

We come to know Him by serving with Him. And, while connecting these two principles together, I felt a warm feeling along with a stronger testimony as to why I'm out here doing what I'm doing. One of the reasons the Lord inspired me to go on a mission was to show me the way to know Him.

I know He lives, that He's there for me, and has perfect love for us all.

<3
Sister Fluegel🐦
Pictures:
1-2: Exchanges!!
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment