Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Life by the yard is hard; by an inch it's a cinch! April 24th 2017

Guess who's not a trainee anymore?? THIS GIRL!!
Hahaha I still feel very new to this missionary life thing, but I'm getting the hang of it. Yesterday marked my last day of "12 Week Training."
Sister Bustillos is headed out to Tuscola, IL in the Champaign zone! I told her to say hi to the corn for me. Meanwhile Sister Rilling, who I'll be meeting tomorrow, will be joining me here in Crystal City, and we'll not only still be in our area but taking over the rest of the ward boundaries now! So there's a lot of new people to meet, a lot of new places to see, and a lot more work to be done. I'm a little intimidated, I won't lie, but also crazy excited!
Sister Bustillos had our last lesson with Amanda, and we talked about her progress a lot and actually showed her our Amanda Lucas Teaching Record! It is a record of everything we've taught her and how each lesson went. She asked for a copy for posterity, haha. It's crazy to see how much she's grown, not only in her testimony of Jesus Christ but in happiness. The two are even more correlated than I knew them to be before becoming a missionary.

Sister Bustillos talked about how much she's learned from Amanda, especially about faith, and I'm realizing more every day how much I can learn from those around me. We are teaching the Wolf Family right now, and one thing they've already taught me is how to be happy in any given circumstance. That's something I truly want to develop on my mission. Life is never ideal. Even when nothing goes wrong, and everything good works out, there's always something to complain about.

On the flip side, when everything goes wrong, and nothing works out, there's always something to be thankful for! Heavenly Father has a plan for each of us, and though it might not be our ideal, it is exactly what we need to progress and learn the most from.
That's why we were born with both weaknesses and strengths. They were specially crafted for each of us, to help us learn and grow. And being able to learn and repent is only made possible through Jesus Christ. Knowing this gives me a lot of perspective on my circumstances, weaknesses, and strengths--what am I learning because of them? AM I learning from them as much as I could be? Am I taking full advantage of every second the Lord has blessed me with to become the person he wants me to be?
I'm so excited to take on an extra 20+ miles of Missouri to share this message of happiness and growth.
Sister Fluegel 🐦
Pictures: Missionaries can't take serious pictures...some are of our district, the one where I'm frowning is us being our 'spirit animals' and mine is Eeyore, haha. The one in the gym is with the elders we shared Crystal City Ward with, from yesterday. Good times.












No comments:

Post a Comment