Saturday, April 28, 2018

April 23rd, 2018 Ye Are Only in the Service of Your God

Well hello there my favorite people!

The highlights of this week are as follows:

1) We got to help out with the food pantry drive at Urbana 1st Presbyterian Church! Usually we do behind the scenes stuff organizing and doing inventory, but this week was when the people came through and it was so fun to welcome them in and have a luncheon afterwards. One guy had a Captain America shield pop socket and we really bonded over that, haha. Aaaaand now I bought one today, because he told me where to get it cheap! 

2) Wednesday we taught Brian Bidner again! He is more and more talkative every time we meet, and is really sincere. He said the biggest thing the Book of Mormon has taught him so far (having finished 1 Nephi just now) is "the reality of God." I loved that. The Book of Mormon truly is the most tangible evidence the world has that God exists, among many other things :)

3) We got a good start on making Sister Gillies's very own Restoration cups! Those are really helpful with teaching younger kids or ADD adults. And anyone really, it helps me follow along better too!

4) We taught new investigators, Belva Shipley and her son Phillip Shipley, who are both the friendliest people you'll ever meet. They both have a firm belief in God and Jesus Christ, and are very open to our message. And they live right below members of the ward! It's funny how it usually turns out that way...

5) The elders accidentally crossed into our area and found a family that wants to learn more! Yay for random miracles!

6) We were blessed with two mangos, some kind of pork steak or someat, and a closet of new clothes from a very wonderful sister of one our wards. So many food miracles I've had on my mission! No complaint from this girl!

oKAY, spiritual time. So there's this famous scripture in Mosiah 2:17 you may or may not have heard: "When ye are in the service of your fellow beings ye are only in the service of your God." 

In Relief Society class yesterday we started thinking deeper about *why* that is. Why is it service to God to serve my next-door neighbor? A few mothers talked about how grateful they are for the people that watch after and protect their children. I thought of how happy my parents are when me and my siblings got along, and how unhappy they were when we didn't!

Heavenly Father loves each of us with the love of a perfect father. We are all his children, therefore we are all brothers and sisters. His love is so immense, so complete, that all he cares about is our happiness. So when we watch out for each other, lift each other and bring each other happiness, we are fulfilling our Father in Heaven's greatest desire. I can only begin to comprehend that kind of love, but I know it's there, and I've felt it for myself when I was lost (and still do every day) and for those around me when I try to do His will--which is to help them feel His love!!

As Jesus once put it, far better than I could:

"Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:

For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in: Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.

Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink? When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee? Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?

And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me."

Another simple way to put it: Love is not spelled L-O-V-E. It's spelled T-I-M-E.

I'm thankful for the time the Lord has given me, and for the time I can give back to Him!

YES my thought was about love again. Deal with it ;)

Speaking of, love you all!!
Sister Fluegel

Pictures:
We got Frozen yogurt for comp inventory! 
A pretty blue sunset :)
I love my Slytherin mug...and hot chocolate.






No comments:

Post a Comment