Saturday, April 28, 2018

April 9th, 2018 Another Week??

They seem to speed by faster and faster! I don't have too much to update you all on. Sister Gillies and I spent Wednesday in Springfield on exchanges (and ate at the 2000th Chick-Fil-A), and Thursday in O'Fallon at an amazing Zone Conference. Besides that, we've been on the finding trek and at the moment, still a'trekkin!

I think one of the many, many, many reasons I was called to serve in the St. Louis, MO Mission was to learn from President Bateman, the mission president. I've grown so close to him and learned so much from him. He always seems to say exactly what I need to hear! Recently he taught us some simple but profound truths I'd like to share now with you:

"Obedience is the price." If we want all that Heavenly Father has, all that he is willing to give us, we need to receive it. Receive is an action word! If you could buy it, what would you pay for it? And yet, happiness can't be bought with dollars or gold. The price is obedience.

"Faith is the power." I don't know about you, but doing the right thing isn't exactly easy for me. Sometimes it's the hardest thing I could do! But as we grow our testimony in Jesus Christ, he gives us "grace," a power that changes us and helps us accomplish all he's asked of us. That power comes because of our faith.

"Love is the motive." Nothing happens, not for long, without love. It's the fountain of living waters that springs up inside us, the fuel that never runs out. I talked about this last week; every motive fades, except love.

"The Spirit is the key." On this, I'll quote from President Nelson: "Pray in the name of Jesus Christ about your concerns, your fears, your weaknesses – yes, the very longings of your heart. And then listen! Write the thoughts that come to your mind. Record your feelings and follow through with actions that you are prompted to take. As you repeat this process day after day, month after month, year after year, you will “grow into the principle of revelation.” Does God really want to speak to you? Yes!"

Last night I decided to follow the prophet and listed my concerns, fears, weaknesses, and longings of my heart in my journal and prayed over them last night. To put it shortly, I had an amazing experience.

And finally: "Christ is the Reason." He is the light, the life, and the hope of the world. He lives! He is the reason our lives mean anything, that we can stand up each time we fall, that we can one day stand blameless before God. He is the reason I do this every day.

Obedience is the Price
Faith is the Power
Love is the Motive
The Spirit is the Key
Christ is the Reason

I love you all! 
Sister Fluegel ​🐦



No comments:

Post a Comment