Tuesday, December 3, 2013

2nd Transfers!

I just found out an hour ago that my trainer and I will be staying together this transfer! Usually trainers and trainees stay together for 12 weeks but sometimes they still get switched around. I am so happy Sister Wright and I get to spend Christmas together but most of all that we will be able to continue working with the people in our 5 Wards who are making so much progress. 

We taught 3 lessons with a less active family this week, and the father wanted the lessons because he forgot almost everything since he stopped going to church at 13. I've been leading the lessons now and it surprisingly hasn't been too hard! Sister Wright is a great trainer and has me practice a lot in the morning so I feel prepared during the actual lesson. On Sunday the whole family-parents and all 4 small children--came to church! It was the first time in almost a year for the wife and many years for the husband. I can't believe how happy it made me to see people following through with their commitments and progressing in the gospel. If they keep going, their children will be raised in the gospel! 

My understanding of the atonement widened while teaching the gospel of Jesus Christ, Lesson 3 on Friday. We had all 5 steps-faith, repentance, baptism, holy ghost, enduring to the end-on pieces of paper laid out like steps and at the top was a picture of Christ. I realized that when people say to "use the atonement" in their lives, all that really means is to apply those 5 steps, the gospel of Jesus Christ, to every problem, trial, hardship or affliction in your life. It's that simple! I love growing in my understanding of the gospel, especially when it happens by the Spirit while I'm speaking in a lesson, because the Spirit is teaching them and me at the same time! 

Thanksgiving was great, we went to one of our Ward Mission Leaders' homes, the Cassity's. They are a wonderful family and we had good food and played games like Guesstures and Scattergories. It was nice to be around a family again and see those relationships. 
I miss my family but the people here make everything worth it because I have the opportunity every day to bring light into their lives and smiles on their faces. I wouldn't want to be anywhere else. 


No comments:

Post a Comment