Monday, November 25, 2013

Layton

Everything is going really great here in Layton, we are seeing things picking up everywhere, getting new referrals for potential investigators every day almost, and helping less actives return to church, and strengthening their families in the gospel. It's amazing to see the work hastening and to be able to experience missionary work every day! It's such a privilege and an honor to be here and give of myself to others who need my testimony and knowledge and to feel the Spirit. This last month has been the best month of my life!

Last night we had the opportunity to hold a Youth Fireside with the Antelope Hills Ward and we had the Elders come too. We talked about what we wished we'd known and prepared for before serving, and how the gospel of Jesus Christ is the main focus of what we should be sharing with our friends and investigators. I shared how I came to the decision of a mission and how they need to study it out in their minds before they receive a witness that they should go, like I did. They can do this by going out with the missionaries on appointments, sharing with their friends, and paying attention in Seminary and Sunday School. It really does pay off, I've experienced it. We had a question and answer session that was really successful and they asked really good questions. 

Sister Wright and I felt like because that ward is the slowest with missionary work when it comes to the Bishop and WML, we would talk to the youth and try to get them excited for it because the Bishop is really close with the youth. Hopefully we'll see referrals coming from some of the youth who are sharing with their friends at school! 

We also have been working more closely with all the Bishops and because of that relationship we have seen increased dedication by the Ward Mission Leaders and Ward Missionaries, and we've been trusted with referrals from the Bishops with people who are ready to learn and want to be taught! One family has less active parents and 5 nonmember daughters ages 9, 10, 13, 16, and 18. We are teaching them this week hopefully, if the holidays don't get in the way. I am so excited because I have 7 sisters and I think I can relate to them pretty well.

Sister Wright is a wonderful trainer and I learn more from her every day. We have great companionship unity, especially when it comes to wanting to work as hard as we can, having faith that miracles can happen, and desiring to not only fulfill but exceed our daily and weekly goals. It's such an exciting time to be a missionary, I am so honored to be here doing the Lord's work! 


-Sister Fluegel

No comments:

Post a Comment