Friday, June 13, 2014

Weekly Updates

June 9, 2014

Hello from Bountiful! I got a new companion mid-transfer on Tuesday. Sister Holt, who was my companion in the MTC! It's been a great week and we get along super well because we already knew each other pretty well. I'm excited to have a companion who is at the same level as I am and we can learn together. It's amazing how much we've changed since we last were companions 7 months ago. We taught one lady who is taking the lessons and she is so excited to be baptized! There are things we still need to help her with to prepare her, but she is so committed and ready. 

As the work here progresses, I am excited to fulfill my purpose as a representative of Jesus Christ, and see the joy that comes from submitting our will to Heavenly Father's will and letting Him work within us so we can grow into who He wants us to be. I know that we are going to be eternally happy when we trust that Heavenly Father sees the big pictures and knows what will make us happy. I'm so grateful that He loves us enough to give us challenges and experiences to help us grow closer to Him and exercise our faith. I find that I remember the hard, more difficult times on my mission so far than the easy times, because that is when I had to completely rely on the Lord and trust Him, and so many miracles happened as I was lifted up and filed with strength beyond my own. I hope you all have a great week! And don't forget to pray:)



June 2, 2014

I don't have much time to email today, but I just wanted to say that this week has been one of the best weeks of my mission so far! Every day was filled with more and more opportunities to serve, teach, and find more people to help. We taught 28 lessons, the most I've ever taught in one week before, and participated in 5 service projects that included staining a deck, weeding, and peeling off wallpaper.  Went to Temple Square and saw the Joseph Smith movie with Carmen and it was a wonderful experience to see her strengthen her understanding and her testimony of the restoration of the gospel. We were able to witness one of the recent converts we've been teaching family history to, attend the temple for the first time after a year of being baptized! We also had so many miracles happen that we have started teaching two new people who aren't members of this church and taught both of them last night. This week has put us on a spiritual high and by the looks of this coming week, it's just getting better from here! I'm so happy here in Bountiful, I really feel like I am fulfilling my purpose to invite others to come unto Christ by helping them receive the restored gospel through faith in Jesus Christ and his atonement, repentance, baptism, receiving the Holy Ghost and enduring to the end. Bountiful is such a beautiful area and I feel so blessed to have been trusted to look after this small part of the world and help others grow, progress and find joy! I've been on my mission for almost 8 months now, and am so excited about the experiences that lie ahead of me!



No comments:

Post a Comment