Monday, June 30, 2014

Weekly Update

June 30, 2014

This week has been great! Sister Holt and I are staying together for another 6 weeks. We used Preach My Gospel to get ideas to find new investigators. We looked through Chapter 9 and decided to look through the Formers section in the area book and pray about which one we should go visit. We felt impressed to go see one lady who lives up almost to the top of the mountains, and when we did we had a wonderful conversation with her and set up a time to come and resolve some of her concerns. She told us she doesn't know how to get anything out of the Book of Mormon, or what it is she's looking for when she reads. So we are reading with her and studying it with her to help her feel the Spirit and know for certain the book is true. I have a testimony of Preach My Gospel--my best advice to those who read it is to not just read it front to back, but to have a question or someone in mind to apply it to. Whenever we don't know what to do in a situation, we turn to PMG and the answers are always in there. I am so blessed to be a missionary at this time in my life. Looking back, my testimony has grown so much since I started my mission, that it almost feels like I didn't even know what a testimony was back then. My testimony has been built from exercising faith, following the Spirit, and living the commandments, so much that it is the center of my life, the thing that drives me to do everything I do. And I've never had so much peace of mind and never been happier because of it.



No comments:

Post a Comment