Tuesday, January 9, 2018

The Best Kind of Week: Busy January 8th 2018


Wow this week flew by! So many great things happened.


We haven't taught anyone new in a while, but this past week we met a lot of wonderful people interested, so this coming week should be full of exciting new experiences and challenges.

As for those we continue to teach, we are making slow but steady progress! Bill continues to come to church, read and pray, and this Sunday received a wonderful priesthood blessing. He continues diligently to know if what we are teaching is true, and I know he will in the Lord's time and when he's ready for it! Ed and Darla are a wonderful couple we are getting very close to, they've now attended church twice and watched the Joseph Smith movie with us yesterday! Darla especially is beginning to feel and understand the Spirit better.

LUCY!!! This week was her baptism, which we were so blessed to be a part of! She was excited and nervous the morning of, but after the service was over came up to us crying and saying, "I feel so happy right now." I'll never forget that. :') At church she got up and bore her testimony! I feel so privileged to know her and support her, she's going to do amazing things. Pictures or it didn't happen!

I love this ward and the time I have served here so far, I can't believe 7 weeks have already passed! Sister Lowe is a blessing to me every day as well, I'm not sure what I did to deserve her. I love all of you and can't tell you how much I appreciate your well-wishes, support and encouragement. 

As for President Monson's passing this week, I was sad but mostly glad he can now move on and be free of his earthly ailments. His last words to us were about the power of the Book of Mormon. I can testify of its power myself--as I've experimented and acted on his invitation to prayerfully read and ponder the messages it contains my life has changed. No one can take someone else's word on that, though! Each of us as individuals can only know the truth if we seek it ourselves.

I love you!
Sister Fluegel 🐦










No comments:

Post a Comment