Monday, April 21, 2014

April 21, 2014

This week I've grown in my testimony of Jesus Christ and the power of his atonement. A woman we are teaching has been reading the Book of Mormon faster than I've seen anyone read it! As I've tried to keep up with her, I've learned truths about Jesus Christ that mean a lot to me. Jesus Christ was the Son of God, and lived a perfect life. He set the example for us in all things, by being baptized, by showing compassion, forgiveness, and love to every person he came into contact with. He was the only one who could perform a perfect atonement to pay the price for our sins. He suffered and bled from every pore for us, and he died on the cross for us. He was resurrected 3 days later, conquering physical death, making it possible for all of us to live again with perfect bodies that won't die, like his body. 

Because of Him, we don't need to fear physical death at all. We need to focus on our spirits, and follow the commandments, and participate in the ordinances of the gospel. Then we can be spiritually resurrected, and saved from everlasting spiritual death. We are so blessed to know of the restored gospel and the Book of Mormon--2 Nephi 10:23-25 explains how the power of the resurrection will raise us from death, and the power of the atonement can raise us from spiritual death or estrangement from God. We are free to act for ourselves, to choose the way of eternal life in the kingdom of God! I'm so grateful to my Savior, Jesus Christ, the Redeemer of the world, and I just want to serve Him my whole life and never let His great sacrifice for me be in vain. 

Happy Easter!

"I believe in Christ, so come what may!"

 Easter Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment